About this site
Who am I?
Hi! I’m Daisy, I have rather a lot of books, and I run this site. ツ
Personally, I consider myself a ‘book lover’ rather than a collector, because a true collector keeps their books pristine and beautiful and invests with an eye for potential reselling; whereas although I do hoard my treasures like a dragon (and maybe display them on my shelves like the proud trophies of a deranged serial killer), I also read them, fondle them and evangelise their merits to anyone brave enough to enter my orbit.
I’ve lived and worked in many countries around the world, so my taste is eclectic and culturally diverse. I currently live in Australia (where book postage = nightmare), which means I look at many different editions from around the world before deciding which one is the best. My personal tastes have a bias towards illustrated fiction, fantasy, children’s/middle grade/YA literature, classics, and clever pop-ups/paper engineering. I have quite a few shelves of semi-fine press volumes from publishers like the Folio Society and Easton Press, as well as more affordable series like the Barnes & Noble leather-bound classics and Penguin Deluxe paperbacks, and many vintage books as well.
Why am I running this site?
I have been collecting books for several decades. I want to share my love and knowledge with you, dear reader, to encourage and support you in building your own beautiful libraries in any way I can.
How can you participate?
Well, first of all – warmest thanks to you for even bothering to read this page! It’s actually rather nice of you to want to know more about the person behind the page – most people don’t bother, so kudos to you for your intellectual curiosity and generosity of spirit!
I’d love to know more about you too, so please feel free to
- Comment on any of the posts or pages that interest you – I’ll read everything and reply if you have a question.
- Contact me let to let me know what books you love, or if you don’t love them, why – I really am interested in your opinion even if it’s different to mine. Also let me know if there’s anything you’d like to learn more about – my library is vast, and I love talking about books, so the odds are good that I will be able to fulfil your request.
- Follow the links to the books from my blog posts – some of them (primarily Book Depository, Amazon and Abes) are affiliate links which means I sometimes get a couple of cents if you buy through the links that I can put towards running the site, and it doesn’t cost you anything extra. (And many thanks to those of you who do this by the way – I do appreciate it!) However, I promise to always only put the best links, so if there’s a signed copy or a special edition available somewhere that I don’t get a commission, don’t worry, I’ll still send you there instead! Your happiness and the quality of your library is definitely more important to me than 2c from Amazon…
- Subscribe to receive notifications when I post new stuff if you like reading what I write.
- Watch the videos on my YouTube Channel, give me a thumbs up, chat in the comment section, and subscribe to the channel if you prefer audiovisual to reading.
- Finally, if you are a generous soul with a spare dollar burning a hole in your virtual pocket, you can visit my Patreon page. It will get you all my love – plus also access to videos and posts that are only available to patrons, as well as personalised book buying recommendations and other special chats, just for you…